As the most popular social app around the world, WhatsApp enables us to chat with families, friends and colleagues at any time without much limitations. Its ability to allow users to make free calls and send texts or voice messages has made it stand out, winning over more than 900 million users. The WhatsApp messages on iPhone may contain some sensitive information like business secrets or your privacy that you may delete now and then to prevent them from being seen by others. However, accidental deletion is not rare in daily life. To solve the problem, we will introduce 2 methods to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone 7/7 Plus/SE/6S/6S Plus/6/6 Plus/5S/5/4S/4.
Method 1: Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup
- To recover your WhatsApp chat history from iCloud backup, you should first verify that an iCloud backup exists in WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- Delete and reinstall WhatsApp from the Apple Store.
- After verifying your phone number, follow the on-screen prompts to restore your WhatsApp chat history.
Method 2: Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup
In most cases, many iPhone users don’t have an available iCloud backup. iReparo iPhone Data Recovery is your life saver in this situation. Apart from some regular data like contacts, photos, videos, text messages and notes, you can also recover deleted WhatsApp chat history and Viber messages directly from your iPhone or with the powerful tool. The program allows you to retrieve WhatsApp photos and individual messages or the important ones that matters to you without the need to restoring the whole WhatsApp chat history on your iPhone. A powerful tool as it is, it can recover data from broken iPhone as well.
Retrieve your deleted WhatsApp messages following the steps below:
- Download & Launch the iPhone WhatsApp Recovery on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to computer via a USB cable and click “Start scan” once detected.
- Check “WhatsApp & Attachments”, preview and recover deleted WhatsApp messages and photos on iPhone.
Note: iReparo iPhone Data Recovery is also capable of extracting data from iTunes backup. You can also opt to combine the program with your iTunes backup to selectively recover the deleted WhatsApp messages, supposing you have backed up your device with iTunes before.