Voice Memos is a voice recorder which iPhone users tend to use to record important information in voice like favorite songs, interviews, lectures, etc. It allows people to jot down things in a quick and easy manner without typing words by words. But from time to time, users complain that voice memos disappear from their iPhone.
There are some reasons that can be attributed to the loss of voice memos:
- Update iPhone to a new iOS version.
- Accidentally delete voice memos when clearing up storage on iPhone.
- Malware or system crash.
- Restore iPhone to factory settings.
What to do after losing voice memos? And how to prevent data lost? Today, we will focus on both ways to backup and recover voice memos on iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 5S, 5, SE.
Recover Deleted/Lost Voice Memos on iPhone with a Program
In most cases, people realize that they don’t have any backup when they find voice memos are lost on iPhone. Unlike photos and videos, we cannot find a “recover” function on iPhone to get back the deleted voice memos. But stay calm, a professional recovery tool can save your bacon.
With advanced technology, iReparo iPhone Data Recovery is a sophisticated program dedicated to recover deleted videos, photos, text messages, voice memos, contacts, WhatsApp, Viber and much more from iPhone in an risk-free and efficient manner. As a comprehensive but easy-to-understand software, the program allows you to retrieve lost voice memos in a flexible way.
Let’s check some main features of the excellent tool:
- Support all models of iOS devices and compatible with the latest 10.2.1.
- Support recovering lost data from iPhone and iTunes backup. You can recover lost data even without backup.
- Recover data lost due to accidental deletion, iOS upgrade, factory reset, system crash, etc.
- Allow preview and selective recovery.
Follow the detailed steps in this guide to restore voice memos on your iPhone.
Sync Voice Memos from iPhone to PC/Mac with iTunes
It is quite necessary to create a backup to protect your valuable data. If you want to transfer voice memos to computer, iTunes will be an ideal utility to finish the task. The method works for both Windows and Mac.
- Open iTunes and plug your iPhone into your computer/Mac. iTunes will automatically detect your handset.
- Tap on the iPhone icon in the navigation bar and click “Back Up now” to ensure that there will be a backup to restore even though the voice memos are gone.
- You will find the Voice Memo option in Music section in Menu bar. Tick on “Sync Music” box at the top of the screen if it is not checked and make sure “Include voice memos” is ticked.
- Click “Apply” in the lower right corner. iTunes will then sync your voice memos in music collection. You can find them following the path:
For Windows: C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Voice Memos
For Mac: Macintosh HD > Users > user name > Music > iTunes > iTunes Media > Voice Memos
You can get voice memos off iPhone by dragging the voice memos into a desired location on your computer or Mac.