Viber is now a wonderful app with millions of active users worldwide, allowing us to send free text messages, photos, videos and make free calls to our families and friends through Wi-Fi or networks at any time and anywhere. Thanks to its unique features, Viber is gaining increasing popularity around the world. The chats on this platform may contain very sensitive or private information and some of them are for business. However, there can be a lot of ways through which you may end up losing Viber messages on your iPhone. Today, we will share some tips to backup and restore Viber messages on iPhone 7/7Plus/SE/6S/6S Plus/6/6 Plus/5S/5/4S/4.
Part 1: How to Backup Viber Messages on iPhone
We recommend 2 ways to backup Viber messages on iPhone to prevent data loss as explained below.
Backup Viber Messages with iCloud
A new iCloud backup feature has been added to Viber 6.1 and later, which allows you to backup your Viber Chats with built-in iCloud feature any time you want.
- Configure iCloud account in “Settings”.
- Go to “Viber” > “More” > “Settings”, tap “Viber Backup”.
- Tap “Back up Now” or turn on “Auto Backup” to select a backup routine.
Backup Viber Chat history and Download It from E-mail
Another way to back up Viber chats on iPhone is to email yourself the Viber chat backup.
- Open Viber, tap “More” and choose “Settings”.
- Tap “Calls and Messages” and select “Email Message History”.
- Enter the required information and tap “Send” to send the Viber chats backup to yourself.
- Log in to your e-mail account and download the backup file.
Note: The Viber message file is in csv format and cannot be restored directly on your iPhone.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Viber Messages on iPhone
It is very common that iPhone users tap a wrong button and accidentally delete Viber messages on their device. Read on and find 2 options to recover deleted viber messages on iPhone.
Restore Viber Messages from iCloud Backup
One way to get back the lost Viber chats is provided by Viber itself. If you have backed up your Viber chats with iCloud as mentioned above, just follow the simple steps below to restore your deleted Viber messages.
- Open Viber and check when your last backup was created.
- Delete Viber and reinstall it from App Store.
- Enter your phone number and follow the on-screen instructions to restore Viber backup on your device.
Retrieve Deleted Viber Messages on iPhone with A Tool
Stay calm even though you don’t have an available iCloud backup. iReparo iPhone Data Recovery will be your ultimate choice to retrieve deleted iPhone Viber messages. It provides you a straightforward method to get back deleted Viber messages from your iPhone without any required technical skill. Apart from Viber messages, the risk-free program can also retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages, photos, videos, contacts and more directly from iPhone or iTunes backup.
Step 1: Install & launch the Viber Message Recovery.
Step 2: Connect iPhone to PC and click “Start scan” once detected.
Step 3: Click “Viber & Attachments”, preview and recover Viber messages on iPhone.